Site update!

Tobias Key Shoot
I can’t actually believe how slack I have been on the site updating malarky. I’ve now given myself a kick and done a new gallery featuring all the pictures from the beach shoot that I did a while back. I posted some of the results of the shoot in this blog, but if you want to see the rest, hop on over!

I Knit Day As far as shoot news goes, unfortunately an extremely exciting upcoming shoot has been postponed, so I won’t have any new photos for a few weeks.
I am, however, going to be sashaying down a catwalk at the I Knit Day in London on Saturday, which will be fun, I hope. Any knitting fanatics going to be there, let me know! I’ll be wearing knitwear from the soon-to-be-republished A Stitch In Time by Jane Waller, a fantastic book containing hundreds of authentic knitting patterns from the 20s, 30s and 40s.

I leave you with some pictures of the eternally beautiful Norma Jeane Mortenson, before she was transformed into Marilyn. I think these are some of the most beautiful photos of her.

1. Norma Jeane 1, 2. Norma Jeane 2, 3. Norma Jeane 3, 4. Norma Jeane 4

The Paper Doll

I love love love Marilyn/Norma – she is my all time fav old Hollywood movie star. My mum had a book of her with lots and lots of pictures of her and i could just sit and look at it for hours. And you are simply beautiful as well, i’m beaming you good crush vibes as we speak!!

Miriam Parkman

Oh I have a big photobook with just these pictures of Norma Jeane taken by AndrΓ© de Dienes! They are my absolute favourites as well. I completely agree with you, it’s such a difference between the late 40’s pics and the 50’s pics. She looks happier and much more beautiful on the 40’s ones -on the 50’s she just looks sad and false-smiling.

I hope you had luck with your crush!

the freelancer's fashionblog

SO how did it go with your crush πŸ™‚ ? I’ve been planning to go on swing lessons forever, but now with all my burlesque-group practices I can’t find the time…

About the Trashy Diva dresses, they’re rather expensive yes but the fit is really quite good and the quality was very good so it was worth it!

Betty Lou

oh how did it go with your crush?

thanks for the tip, gonna keep an eye out for the book. i’m really not that good at knitting but my mum is.

Super Kawaii Mama

Miss you Fleur. I’m a little jealous of your crush, what a wonderful feeling to be having. There is nothing quite like those little flutters and the tiny things that make your heart leap. Enjoy it in all its glory.

Christy DeKoning

When I was a teenager, I first started drawing portraits of pinup celebrities, and my absolute favourite actress to draw was Marilyn Monroe – I went to flea markets looking for old books with the “real” Norma Jean photos in them. I collected every postcard I could if it featured her early work.

Gorgeous collection here.

Fleur de Guerre

Thanks everyone! It is fun to have a crush, I feel all teenagery! No real progress made yet unfortunately, but I’m just enjoying feeling all fluttery really…the reality might be disappointing next to my daydreams! πŸ˜€