Apologies, Announcements & Ask Me Anything!

Hi all,

Apologies…

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all my blog readers a very Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it, and a very wonderful next Friday if you don’t. I am going to be working my stockings off next week, attending meetings about Tart and the Watercress Line Christmas event, doing a shift at my best friend’s shop and finishing a huge pile of writing work, so if you don’t see or hear from me again for a while, that is why! So I apologise for my forthcoming absence (although you’ll still find me Twittering) and I look forward to having a bit more time again in the New Year!

Announcements…

Don’t forget, if you’re looking for a fantastic, vintage party to attend on New Year’s Eve, then do come to mine! We have worked really hard to put together a really wonderful night of glitz and glamour. There’s live Big Band swing all night, three gorgeous burlesque girls performing, free cocktails, canapes and gambling on our roulette and blackjack tables, and most of all, friendly, well-dressed guests! I offered a blog reader the opportunity to win a pair of tickets, and only one Brit entered, so congrats Moni! You plus a friend are on the guest list. I would love to meet more some London-based readers, so do let me know if you’re coming down! Tickets are on sale now at the Fox Presents site.

I’m going to the Last Tuesday Society New Year’s Eve Eve Masked Ball on the 30th, which looks a lot of fun. I do need to find a mask though… any ideas?

Ask Me Anything…

A few fellow bloggers have done this recently, and it seems a good way to interact with my lovely readers. So, if there’s anything you want to know about me, but haven’t asked, now’s your chance! I will try and do this before Christmas!

Finally!

I just discovered the beautiful Debra Paget thanks to Raquelle of Out of the Past, so I have a new idol. I also find it remarkable that this is a picture from the 50s, as the hair and makeup are so perfectly 40s!

Debra was only born in 1933, so it probably isn’t even that early in the 50s! Still, it suits her wonderfully well, so perhaps she just stuck with what looked best, rather than current trends. I am now on a quest to get my centre-parted hair to look like this, as I have got the Virginia O’Brien/Hedy Lamarr look down pat. Slightly more volume at the top needed, I think.

I leave you with a couple of shots from my Able Grable shoot with Sean Kelly – if you’re friends with me on Facebook or Myspace you will have seen these, but I haven’t posted them here yet.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends, ladies and gents!

Miss Matilda

I should like to ask you what qualities you look for in a chap,
but I'd like 3 qualities only 🙂

Mine are :
1. Integrity
2. Good looking, in a dark brooding way, or a ginger way!
3. Wit!

Alex

hahaha! great blogging minds think alike! I never got your Wispas yet. Did you put a customs label on them? They might have been opened up and then kept by the cheeky Customs types!

My question issssssss… when are you going to come visit with me?

Born too late

Hi Fleur, hope you manage to get some R&R over Xmas inbetween all your dashing about. I wanted to ask about the foundation you use for shoots as I am planning on doing my first photoshoot in the new year and am a complete novice who knows nothing about these things!! Your skin always looks so perfect and sometimes when I take self portraits I notice the flash makes me appear washed out. How can I get that wonderful porcelain skin without looking like a corpse?! Vicky xx

jewlover2

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, Miss Fleur! Able Grable is thrilled, I'm sure. And that hairstyle is brilliant…It will look perfect on you…and so easy with just sidecombs and hot sticks! LOL

Stefanie Valentine

Ah, you get to have fun over the xmas and New Year period, i have to work boo! I hope your party goes well, and my question (i have about a million though!) is, How did you get started with the modelling?

Miss Emmi

I hope you have a merry christmas, and that the party is a success! I've seen your photos dressed as Mario, and another of you at a convention, so as a fellow (not so secret) nerd my question is: what's your poison? Manga, anime, videogames? And which ones?

Maggi

Lovely new shots!

I'd like to know if you use a setting lotion in your hair and if so, what brand? (Hopefully you haven't touched on this recently, I can't remember! lol)

Also, if you could go back in time and actually live during the 1940s, would you want to? Why or why not?

I think quite a while ago you promised a victory roll tutorial! If you can't do a video, at least a detailed description with photos would be sufficient. Thanks!

Andi B. Goode

No one ever seems to ask me questions when I try this. It is hard to think of something but I'd like to know what kind of books you like to read and your three favourite TV shows (of all-time or currently, it's up to you). =]
-Andi x

Hello,

A silly question perhaps, but is Fleur your real name or your vintage model alias?

Love your blog! 🙂

I just discovered Debra Paget this week too–that exact photo, in fact! 😀 I saved it for future hair/make up inspiration. 😉 (After I get my hair a much needed trim in January!) Those Able Grable shots are so glamorous too, Fleur! 🙂

Take care, and wishing you the merriest of Christmases!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Lacy

Love Debra! When I wrote her about a year ago, she sent my back and autographed photo! 🙂 What a dear and that is one of my favorite photos of her. 🙂

Raquelle

Thanks so much for the link. I'm so glad that I helped you discover Debra Paget. What a beauty and you look remarkably like her!

Lesley Ann

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! I am so glad to have found your wonderful blog and will be a faithful reader in the New Year!b

CherryBomb

Have a wonderful holiday 🙂 I'm dreadfully jealous I'm up in the North of England – your plans or new year's seem very exciting 🙂
As for questions – hopefully you haven't answered this before or mentioned it: but what are your staple red lipsticks? Your makeup always looks flawless and I believe we have the same skin tone and hair colour – so it'd be greatly appreciated! I've been searching for the perfect red.

BaronessVonVintage

Fleur, what (if any) foundation or concealer or coverup do you use? Also, what drew you into vintage (esp. 1940s vintage fashion/style). P.S. You look GORGEOUS in that deco dress posted on Queens of Vintage today.

Miss Meiow

As you are a model, looking good is without question an importnat part of your life…so my question is have you ever had, or if not yet, would you consider in the future any surgical or non-surgical ehancements?!
Personally, I'm all for it!