All a-Swoon

Hi all…

I’m still here, although I’m feeling very down about a few things at the moment, and not much like blogging about my ‘glamorous life’, as it’s rather lost its sparkle at the present time. That’s why time between posting seems to be getting longer and longer… I’m sorry. Anyway, enough moping, let me tell you why I’m really posting! I can’t bring myself to post anything I have done recently, so let me tell you all about someone else instead.

I just wanted to pop in as I recently ‘rediscovered’ an old favourite designer, and I wanted to tell you all about it. I say ‘rediscovered’ as I wear my purchases from them a lot, but haven’t visited their store in ages. I will say that although I do get a lot of lovely freebies, I only ever review or promote companies and products I genuinely love. In this instance I have not been given anything by this particular company, I have only ever been a customer to them.

The company is called Swoon Lingerie, and never has a name been more apt since the mere sight of the lovely designs sent me all a-flutter. I first discovered Swoon on Etsy, where they do still have a store, although head designer Gerry told me she is now focussing more on her website.

I was captivated by the beautiful fabrics, whimsical designs and great copywriting that accompanied the listings. Each vintage-inspired piece marries two different but complementary fabrics, which are always crisp 100% cotton. While some of the prints used are more contemporary, there are a lot of golden-era themed fabrics on offer, novelty ones, delicate florals and so on. Even some actual vintage fabrics… one of my purchases features a lovely, semi-sheer 40s or 50s cotton. There are some beautiful confections on offer, from knickers to bras, to laundry bags, and I adore the bloomer-style sleep pants and the camisoles. On the same page as the latter, though, are my favourite Swoon designs – 1930s style camiknickers. I own two sets of Swoon camiknickers, which I wear as nightwear although they’d be fabulous to wear underneath looser 30s style dresses.

And I have even worn one set on a shoot… many moons ago…

(Photo is by Chris Drzymalski)

I did send these photos to Swoon after I did the shoot and I’m delighted to say that I’ve starred on their Etsy store ever since! The uppermost fabric of my camiknickers is the vintage one I mentioned earlier… it’s so soft and patterned with tiny cameos.

Please do go and have a look at the Swoon site. They have a vast stock of vintage style fabrics available for you to choose from, so you can always mix and match between prints on existing garments. They also make items to your measurements for no extra cost, essential if you’re tall and long like me and want a pair of camiknickers! Everything is hand-made with love and care in an atelier in the Scottish Highlands, and the quality and customer service are second-to-none.

Highly recommended in every way. Oh and if you like what you see, please become a fan on Facebook too, as I just did!

Lots of love,

didyoumakethat

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. A blue mood can be difficult to shift, often because it's so often accompanied by overwhelming lethargy. Stay strong, stay hopeful. You are beautiful and talented, clearly adored by your friends and loved ones. Good things are just around the corner, I'm sure.

BaronessVonVintage

Darling, I am so sorry to hear you feel less than stellar. Thanks for the links to the definitely swoon-worthy goodies that you look just perfect modeling. xoxo

Darlene

I know exactly what this feels like. So know you are not alone. You are swoon worthy and sparkley because, miss, you are real. THAT'S beautiful. Please know that.

Thank you for sharing even some of the less spakley with the rest of the world. I appreciate it, and have been known to have a fabulous listening ear. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Girls Studio

Hope you're getting up out of your dumps soon! This life is quite the roller coaster isn't it!

Love those bloomers/knickers! you make a lovely model for her shop!

Brittany_Va-Voom Vintage

I'm so sorry to hear that you're down. We all lose our shine due to rough handling from time to time. When I do, I take a long dip in a bubbly bath with a good book and some of my favorite old-time tunes, then I soak up the sunshine for a few moments while I think about what I can do to get my sparkle back. Hope you feel better, soon sweetie! *hugs*

Crafty Baker

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you are feeling a bit low. Modern life is a drag sometimes, try to stay focussed on the good things – we are only here once afterall x

"The Golden Girl of the West"

Hi Fleur! So sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I hope you feel better soon, you will never lose your sparkle dear, sometimes we just feel less shiny for a moment! But in time that feeling leaves us, I'm sure most of us have been there a time or two. You will always sparkle!!

Sending my best your way…
XOXO~Syd

Stefanie Valentine

I always wondered where you got that lovely set from, I'll go and have a nosy in their shop ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you're feeling much happier soon Fleur, big hugs xx

Nora Alexa

Oh, wonderful, beautiful, inspiring Fleur! I hope things brighten up for you soon.
Meanwhile I will check the lovely site you recommend!

Take care and lots of love of a big fan and reader – Nora Alexa

Brenna

Hey Fleur, I know from one bloggy vintage girl to another, it seems very difficult to write when you're down. I've been going through some real life difficulties as well, & want you to know you should never feel obligated to write or share anything you don't want to. Your pals are here to listen. Your life has hit a little bump, but it will be back on the rails soon. I hope mine is the "caboose" and does the same too… eventually! ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care, lady.
– Brenna

Lauren

Sorry to hear you're feeling down my dear! Hopefully life will all pick up again soon, and until then we are all here for you!

Emma

Hi Fleur
Sorry to hear your down in the dumps. I hope things start looking up soon. Just wanted to write a quick note to let you know after seeing those fab heyday trousers you blogged about on your birthday I contacted the lovely Nancy at Heyday and got a pair for myself. I have been spouting my adoration for them over at my blog http://www.emmaaime.blogspot.com and cheekily nabbed your picture of you in them to post on my blog. Hope you dont mind too much!

Fleur de Guerre

You're all unbelievably lovely. I'm so happy to be surrounded by so many wonderful gals and guys. I'm sure things will start to look up soon, so thank you all again. Glad you all like Swoon, too!

And Emma: fab blog and of course I don't mind! I'll read your post properly soon xx

Mrs Cleaver

Hi Fluer,i'm sorry to hear you are going through a hard time at present.
May i just say i enjoy your blog immensely,it always brightens my day.I think you are truly beautiful,that includes no makeup days:),I love your sense of style,your posts are always fun & informative & i find you very inspiring.
Ok i know that sounds like sychophantic flattery but i am being sincere:)
I hope your life gets better asap
& hugs to your gorgeous kitty ,i hope he is all better soon too.
best wishes,Mrs Cleaver xx

Aw… I'm sorry things have been a bit down in the dumps for you! ๐Ÿ™ I hate when life takes turns like that, but alas, it tends to do that periodically. :p Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes!

This lingerie is so, so pretty! Must go check out the Etsy shop posthaste!

โ™ฅ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Diva

They say the darkest hour is just before dawn … Hope Life will get a little easier. Donยดt worry about being glam. all the time, if we constantly had summer all year round it wouldnยดt be such a big deal, no? ๐Ÿ™‚ Hereยดs a big hug frowm Sweden!

Janna

Life is full of so many ups and downs. It will get better soon. I do enjoy reading your blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

The Vintage Housewife...

oh kitten…get on the sunny side of the street! I hope you feel a bit better soon. You look lovely in your little nighty…i see no sparkle lost…you shine!!! By the way you win…you win the best swirl dress ever with that pink bow dream!!!!!!!!!!swing by my place for my giveaway! huggs Cat

Michelle

It must surely be time for my second-ever comment, hehe.

Fleur, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down! Hopefully the thought that you've got legions of fans around the world who adore you and your fabulous fashion, and are thinking of you will provide some comfort ๐Ÿ™‚

You're great, Fleur =]

drug forum

Sometimes we are very concerned about our health, do not understand what to do. It is very easy to make better health. the use of natural vitamin supplements. Vitamins function in many metabolic reactions that occur in foods consumed in the body, control of vitamins and energy metabolism of our body.