A belated Merry Fat-mas to you all

Dear everyone,

Sorry for the lack of posting in the run-up to Christmas. This has been the strangest Chrimbo of my life, not for any one particular reason, I’ve just never felt so unfestive and unorganised! I bought all my presents late, wrapped them at the last possible second, did none of my traditional festive baking, didn’t even get motivated enough to set off for home before dark, and my dad called me up to say not to even attempt it at night, due to treacherous ice. So I spent Christmas Eve on my own, drinking wine and watching telly. Very strange!

The day itself was as lovely as ever, and I got some splendid presents from my family and my best friend. Here’s the one and only photograph of the day: me and my brother in front of (and indeed obscuring) the Christmas tree!

I’m wearing an old favourite dress from last year, by Able Grable, with a ribbon belt (which I took off in preparation for eating. Turns out I needn’t have bothered, since for the first time in living history, I failed to finish my Christmas turkey dinner! Nor did a single piece of chocolate or cake (or any further bit of food that day) pass my lips. If anyone has seen my appetite, I’d like it back please! But I enjoyed it nonetheless, and fell asleep in front of Dr Who (which I rewatched last night – ace!), but woke up in time for Poirot, hurrah! A relaxing Christmas all round. Here’s a snap of the presents my brother gave me – let it never be said that I am a girly girl!

Can’t wait to watch the Expendables!

I’m so ready for 2010, my annus horribilis (as far as my personal life goes), to be over. I will try to post again before the New Year, but if I don’t, I hope that each and every one of you has a fabulous time. Catch you on the flip side!

Penny Dreadful

Dr Who and Poirot were brilliant, but the stand out was Hound of the Baskervilles on BBC4 which we just watched today – best adaption I've ever seen of the story! You are looking lovely as always, and I see by your hunky bro that you must simply be a handsome family all round. Hope you had a lovely time, despite not being able to stuff yourself to capacity with chocolate and turkey x

Welcome to DeluxeVille

Happy Holidays!

Keep your chin up my dear…my magic 8 ball says that 2011 is going to be your year (the magic 8 ball never lies)…and trust me, you just never know what unexpected, wonderful experience might occur at any given moment.

Cheers and warm wishes,
MaryDeluxe

garofit

My Christmas had less oomph than a dropped souffle, so I see where you're coming from. There' still the hope of a better year to come. Hurray to that!

Perdita

You were wise not to travel the night before! We had a bit of a scary and cold journey to our Xmas!!
Your dress looks wonderful, great to hear you had a lovely relaxing Christmas… the presents look fantastic! Girly is sooo overrated, I prefer zombies too!

harbourmaster

I may have cried a bit during the Dr. Who Christmas special…no Poirot in Australia though, we're on awful holiday tv and it's all rather droll.

You look divine even if you weren't feeling particularly festive.

Sincerity Kirkland

Maybe you weren't feeling as festive as you have in years gone by, but you don't need to gorge yourself to have a great time at yuletide. I'll be a little cheeky, I wish I stopped eating when I was feeling down! Xmas is not the easiest time of year, no matter how wonderful the people that surround you and its always good to reflect a little as we near new years. However, YOU will be the one to watch in 2011. Watch out world here she comes and looking fabulous!

John

Hi Fleur,

I was feeling very similarly about Christmas this year. It just seemed to happen! But I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. It is good to keep your feet on the ground. I'm glad you had a good day though. You need to work on your brother with those pantaloon de nimes though! They should at least be rockabilly ones!

Take care,

John

Re

Glad you had a nice relaxing Christmas!

I hope 2011 is a fabulous year for you, I'm sure it will be 😀

Straight Talking Mama!

The crappy year can't have helped with the Festive period, I've had a totally crappy year too I will toasting in 2011 with extra vigour this year. But you know we are not alone it appears 2010 was a pretty rubbish year for so many people, I get to hear it all on a stall at the RR and believe me, we weren't alone!!

However I will join you in the hope that 2010 wraps up blumming damn quick, only 2 more days to go YAY!

Sarsaparilla

If you're wondering where your appetite went, I think it wound up in St. Paul, Minn. I've been eating for two (no, I'm not pregnant) for the past week and need to stop NOW!

What a handsome/beautiful duo you and your brother make! Sorry that 2010 has been so crappy, but I predict that 2011 will be a much, much better year for you!!

bunny

I really like your brother's presents: I love zombies and District 9 and Inglorious Basterds are 2 of my favourite films (I watched the last one right yestarday, for the nth time!!!).

Well, what else to say: I hope the new year will bring again sunshine in your life as you really deserve it!!

Ciao,
B.

NoirGirl

Wow Fleur, your brother is a dish! you guys look so nice together. 🙂

I chuckled when I saw you got The Expendables! I'm a fan of the action flicks, too. You'll love The Expendables – Sly drives a fabulous vintage truck AND flies a 40's bomber. It's thrilling!

Rosaspina Vintage

My goodness Fleur you look stunning! I'm so excited about 2011 as last year was quite hard for myself as well! Make a big smile and everything will get brighter!
Have a fantastic new year and take care,
Ale

Dear girl how tall must your brother be to tower over you in such a nonchalant fashion?!