Self nostalgia?

I’m feeling kind of old at the moment. Hurtling towards my mid-thirties, few too many late nights (and shandies) lately, not enough exercise. So it was lovely to receive an unexpected email last week from the talented photographer Rebecca Parker, who I did a photoshoot with way back in the mists of time (2008).

You may remember this previously seen one, which is in fact in my sidebar as an ad for the amazing dress I am wearing, by Whirling Turban!

Rebecca had recently gone through her archives and unearthed some unseen photos of me.I just showed them to my boyfriend who told me, ‘wow, you look exactly the same!’ amd I didn’t have to bribe him with food, money or favours of any kind! Hurrah!

Whether I do look the same or not (I am definitely around half a stone heavier, that’s for sure), these photos are too nice not to share. Apparently she didn’t even edit these much! I’m glad I did lots of photoshoots when I was all fresh-faced and spritely ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I might be older now, but I am much happier now than I was then. Swings and roundabouts!
Check out Rebecca’s lovely work on her website.

beate grigutsch

beautiful woman!
you know that outer beauty is nothing without the inner. when i look at your glow in your newest photos then iยดm sure that you donยดt have to worry about age, not yet and not later ๐Ÿ™‚

Mim

You are still gorgeous! Your chap is right, you haven't changed much.

I know how you feel, though. I turn 40 this month and am not entirely sure how I feel about it – ageing is liberating, because you know what you want and have the confidence of experience to do it, but the increasing 'irrelevance' not so good… (You're too beautiful to fall into that pit, however.)

But hey, just don't go down the route of vintage clothing 'For the mature woman'. Hell no. All that fade into the background stuff… I like a bit of frump, but it has to be in-your-face FRUMP YOU frump. Not the be-invisible stuff that got foisted on women in the past.

Vintage Vessel

Hot Dawg! You look stunning! You always always do my dear. Those Whirling turban photos are gorgeous & yes you may be a whole stone (!!) lighter there but you would still look gorgeous even if those photos were taken yesterday. mmmhmm! Love Shmee

Emma Declerck

These photograps are absolutely beautiful, just like always!
And you're still as beautiful like you were back than…

xoxo Emma
littlemissbamboo.blogspot.com

Shannon

You look beautiful! I love the black and white photo! Very authentic, and a bit noir. The spread on the Vintage Mafia is very interesting. And a bit inspiring…

Jessica Cangiano

Excellent and very easy to relate to post. I'm nearing the big 3-0 this year myself, and while I don't dread that point in the slightest (in fact, I'm rather happy and giddy about it), I too sometimes look back at snaps from just a few years ago and see how much older (and haggard, IMO) I appear these days. Much like yourself though, I'm happier and in a better place (both literally and figuratively) than I was back in those days, so ultimately, I'll take a few more wrinkles and bags under my eyes to have such contentment in my life at I head ever nearer to turning thirty.

โ™ฅ Jessica

MarieBayArea

You were pretty then but you look more beautiful now. The half stone really fills out your face so nicely. I think that is why to me you look more youthful now than you did in these photos.